Reboot Your Personal Finance with These Easy Steps
image credit: squarecapital
Keeping up with your finances in the summer months is crucial, but there are quick and simple ways to stay on track without cutting into your vacation time.
While summer is a time to be care-free and laid back, your finances should not suffer as a result of this mentality. It’s the perfect time to assess your finances and take a good, hard look at where you could be saving more.
While it seems daunting, this doesn’t have to be a difficult, time-consuming process. It’s possible to keep up with your finances without losing valuable time on the beach or hiking in the mountains by creating a checklist and accomplishing one goal each day.
Here are some easy tips to follow that will jump-start your personal finance reboot:
- Track your Money: Are you keeping track of money that’s coming in and going out? In today’s digital age, enlist the help of apps to make this process easier!
- Check/Repair Credit: As we approach the one-year anniversary of the Equifax data breach, make sure your credit is in good standing. If you notice any suspicious changes, be persistent when correcting your report.
- Evaluate Insurance Policies: Don’t wait for disaster to strike. Be proactive and evaluate if the policy in place is the best for your current situation.
- Consolidate Accounts: By combining your accounts, the resulting higher balance may avoid fees and even help you get a better deal. Not to mention, it will help streamline your finances.
- Review Retirement: Have you calculated your retirement number? If not, it can’t hurt to boost your retirement contributions in order to boost your savings when you do decide to retire.
- Manage Investments: As market volatility increase and the second quarter ends, it is the perfect time for long-term investors to rebalance their accounts.
For more information, check out CFP Board’s LetsMakeAPlan.org.
For more guidance on working through these steps and other ways to get your finances in order, talk to a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ profesional today or visit www.letsmakeaplan.org
ABOUT CFP BOARD
The mission of Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. is to benefit the public by granting the CFP® certification and upholding it as the recognized standard of excellence for competent and ethical personal financial planning. The Board of Directors, in furthering CFP Board’s mission, acts on behalf of the public, CFP® professionals and other stakeholders. CFP Board owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP® (with plaque design) and CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. CFP Board currently authorizes over 81,000 individuals to use these marks in the U.S.
Blue Ocean Global Wealth intends the contents of this article will be viewed for informational and educational purposes only. The information in this article is not intended as tax, legal, or investment advice. It may not be used for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. The opinions expressed and information provided are for general purposes only, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or investment.
Images, content, and published articles are for reference and illustrative purposes only. Under no circumstances should any image, logo, content or article be viewed as an endorsement. This article is for educational purposes only. Under no circumstances should the information provided herein be relied upon as legal, tax, or investment advice.